Affordable Flying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affordable Flying

A place to discuss affordable aircraft from ultralights to general aviation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another newbie joining in!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
howhypno

Another newbie joining in! Empty
PostSubject: Another newbie joining in!   Another newbie joining in! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:33 pm

Hello all,
I just found out about this site by mere coincident, but is just up my alley. I'm building (actually just finishing) a woodstock glider. I came by it off the internet for a really good price. The work done was excellent and I'm looking forward to getting my glider add on with it.
I'm also very interested in the legal eagle, affordaplane and several other ultralights that have been around the past few years.
Look forward to chatting with you all.
Kenneth
Phoenix
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin

Another newbie joining in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie joining in!   Another newbie joining in! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 1:41 pm

I would stay well clear of the affordaplane. The guys at affordaplane.com are about as bad as it gets when it comes to product support. As far as I know their aircraft has never been out of ground effect and maybe had one trip around the pattern.

You have seen my legal eagle (in my thread) and there are many more flying. It is a proven design and I feel much more comfortable climbing into it knowing this.

Good luck with your glider, I have been toying with the idea of adding a small engine to a Bug or Goat after I have learned to fly my eagle.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/rcpilotcd@sbcglobal.net/Home.html

Another newbie joining in!
Page 1 of 1