Affordable Flying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affordable Flying

A place to discuss affordable aircraft from ultralights to general aviation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

around the patch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Admin

around the patch Empty
PostSubject: around the patch   around the patch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Well guys,

My long wait and many miles traveled to find flight instructors finally paid off, I took my Legal Eagle around the patch tonight.
My plan was to take off and climb to about 1500ft and remain there for abot 15 minutes. Unfortunately this did not work out as my temp problem resurfaced as I climbed through 100ft forcing me to return to the field.

Given the fact that this was my first flight and it was very brief I think I did quite well. I advanced the throttle to max and left the runway at about 30mph. After I climbed through 100ft I looked scaned my panel and discovered my cht was 4 hundred and climbing! I made a poorly coordinated left 180 at about 300ft to begin my downwind leg, I proceeded north to what felt about the right spot reduced power and made I much nicer decending 180 to the left to put me on final. After clearing the trees at the north end of the field I cut the power and setteled in for a somewhat bouncy landing. I taxied back shaking my head at the cht gauge and smiling at how well the plane performed.

I will be out at the field again tomorrow looking into a different cht probe location and making another flight or 2 if I like my temp results.

Happy flying
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/rcpilotcd@sbcglobal.net/Home.html
jerimac1941

around the patch Empty
PostSubject: the patch   around the patch Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:41 pm

hey chris are you talking about the possie patch ?????
Jerry
Back to top Go down
Chris
Admin

around the patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: around the patch   around the patch Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:55 pm

jeri,

Unfortunately no Sad I would love to fly out there some time but it is an awful long way from wichita ks.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/rcpilotcd@sbcglobal.net/Home.html
Sponsored content

around the patch Empty
PostSubject: Re: around the patch   around the patch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

around the patch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Affordable Flying :: Flying Stories, Photos, and Videos-
Jump to: