Affordable Flying

A place to discuss affordable aircraft from ultralights to general aviation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

crow hopping

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris
Admin

PostSubject: crow hopping   Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:15 am

well,
the weather thursday evening was perfect and the whole tail up taxi thing is starting to get a bit old and I needed another challenge. tonight I made several crow hops ranging in altitude from about 3 to about 15 feet. the plane handled this with ease and I enjoyed myself. It is too bad that the field is only around 1000ft as this allows me to make a run lift off then throttle back and land in order to come to a stop before the end of the field. After that another local pilot helped me repair some hanger rash caused by the wing of a quicksilver.

since then I have made about ten hops as high as 25ft. i will be flying around sep20 when I get my chute from brs
Happy flying
chris

3 things that dont matter altitude above you runway behind you and the gas back at the hanger

takeoff is optional landing is mandatory

Fly only in the middle of the air, the edges are identified by buildings trees and houses, and it is much more difficult to fly there.

It is better to be on the ground wishing you were flying then flying and wishing you were on the ground!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.geocities.com/rcpilotcd@sbcglobal.net/Home.html

crow hopping
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1