Affordable Flying

A place to discuss affordable aircraft from ultralights to general aviation

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Newbie to part 103

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tommathes

PostSubject: Newbie to part 103   Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Hello all, Chris, i have talked to you on the ETLB site and i am glad you started this forum. My name is Tom Mathes and i hail from just across the border from Memphis, Tn. in North Ms. I have been flying about 40 years, professionally for 35 of those, mostly ag, instructing, and corporate and have learned to say youse guys as well as you'll. I have built 3 airplanes that are flying and one that i sold before it was finished. A Flybaby, Pietenpol, and Spacewalker 2. A Hatz biplane was the one i had to sell. I was going to build a Cubby after the Hatz and have a set of Cub tail surfaces and wing tanks for it. Long story short, i had a triple bipass in '05 and the feds found out and had to turn in my medical. It is too expensive to do all the tests for a 3rd class medical, so going the UL route. I am building an Airbike but using the best of the Bike and the Legal Eagle. They are very close and are the same size so just a matter of combining, such as the tail of the Bike is steel and the LE is alum, hence much lighter. stuff like that.
I teach systems ground and Simulator for Pinnacle Airlines here in Memphis, so am still involved in aviation.
Sorry for the long winded introduction. Sleep
Good smilies Chris
Tom Mathes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to part 103   Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:54 pm

Glad you made it over tom. You plan on building a legit 103 airbike? I wish you luck and many hours of happy flying.

Chris

3 things that dont matter altitude above you runway behind you and the gas back at the hanger

takeoff is optional landing is mandatory

Fly only in the middle of the air, the edges are identified by buildings trees and houses, and it is much more difficult to fly there.

It is better to be on the ground wishing you were flying then flying and wishing you were on the ground!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.geocities.com/rcpilotcd@sbcglobal.net/Home.html

Newbie to part 103
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1